Crown and Bough

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Yarn Along



Just got some worrying news about a dear friend and her pregnancy.  So feeling all prayerful, all of the sudden.  When I'm agitated, I like to read Kathleen Norris.  (I've been agitated the past few days, while my friend has been suffering and tested, and I wonder--can we sense that like some kind of invisible radio waves, trembling along the air?)  She draws the tears out, somehow, like drawing out poison, and I feel a bit better.  I'm thinking,  I need to be a better Christian, if only so that God will listen to my prayers when I am finally moved to them for the people I love.  If I can't be holy for myself, at least I can try to be holy for them.

My snowflake is floppy, even after I drenched it in starch and ironed it.  I'll forgive it, though, for being so pretty.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. If you're a Christian, God hears and answers your prayers-though not always in the way we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to be a better Christian for God to her your prayers. He runs to help you. Just receive His love for you and you'll be drawn to be like Him because you love Him. Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete